* JOB TITLE: PBT / Phlebotomist
* SHIFT/HOURS/CALL/ROTATION: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm (approximate)
* Hourly Rate is $12.00 - $12.75 per hr BOE.
* CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS/LICENSE/EDUCATION REQUIRED: MINIMUM ONE YEAR OF EXPERIENCE in PHLEBOTOMY.
* APPROXIMATE STARTING DATE REQUIRED/DESIRED: Immediate
* EQUIPMENT / SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES/ PROFICIENCIES: EMR, Computer, venipuncture. Pediatric and geriatric blood draws.
* STAFF/TEAM (Description): Numerous lab personnel, manager.
* JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs a variety of routine blood drawing procedures, to include venipuncture, using standard equipment such as vaccutainer tubes and sleeves, tourniquets, syringes and butterfly needles.
* Interacts directly with patient to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, allay fears, and elicit cooperation.
* Utilizes standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification; records appropriate collection information in accordance with established protocol.
* Processes, labels, and stores blood samples for subsequent analysis.
* Maintains inventory of supplies, reordering as required; stocks supplies on carts and hand trays.
* Performs various quality control procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external regulations as per facility requirements, OSHA, JCAHO, HIPAA.
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* Ability to perform standard phlebotomy procedures and techniques.
* Knowledge of appropriate blood processing and handling procedures.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to accurately complete and maintain administrative documents and records.
* Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
* Ability to understand and follow specific clinical protocol, specifications, and procedures.
* Knowledge of relevant clinical and patient care regulations, policies, procedures, and standards.
* Knowledge of sterile procedures.
* May require physical effort including lifting up to 25 pounds and some extended periods of standing or walking.
* Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training.
$24,000 - $25,000